Railways Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 12 July 2017 launched various initiatives namely RailCloud Project, NIVARAN-Grievance Portal and Cashless treatment Scheme in Emergency (CTSE) Scheme.
• The Phase-I of the RailCloud was sanctioned with Rs 53.55 crore cost.
• RailCloud is another step towards the Digitization of Railways with an aim of single digital platform for Indian Railways.
• It is a strategic IT initiative for enterprise wide digital single platform with an aim to improve customer satisfaction, improve revenue and effective, efficient and safe operations.
• It works on popular Cloud Computing system. Cloud Computing is the emerging technology for faster deployment of Server resources which result in reduced cost.
• It will pave the way for swifter deployment of application within 24 hrs. At the same time the cloud hardware and environment will be available for rigorous testing of the new applications.
• Its technology will enable maximising the usage of the available server and storage resulting in accommodation of bigger data and more applications within same server space.
• The existing resources available with railway will be subsumed in RailCloud to ensure that expenditure is minimized in acquiring new resources.
• Server and storage space will scale up and down as per the demand and its cloud will be equipped with security features as per the latest guidelines and the security features can be updated in one go.
• It will not only save on the expenses but also ensure better user experience.
• NIVARAN-Grievance Portal is the first IT application to be launched on the RailCloud.
• It is aimed for the resolution of service related grievances of serving and former railway employees.
• The existing NIVARAN-Grievance application was hosted on a conventional server; it has now been made cloud-ready and is made as the first cloud application of Indian Railways.
Cashless treatment Scheme in Emergency (CTSE)
• With an aim to provide immediate care to its retired employees in Golden Hour, the Railway Board has rolled out a Cashless treatment Scheme in Emergency (CTSE) in empanelled hospitals for retired employees and their dependent family members.
• A web based system of communication between private hospitals and railway authorities has been developed wherein identity of the beneficiary will be established using biometrics stored in Aadhar (UIDAI) server.
• The eligibility of the patient will be determined using Railway Data Base and emergency will be verified by Railway Medical Officer based on private hospital’s clinical report.
• This scheme will provide help to the retired railway employees at the time of need and at the same time, it will have a morale boosting effect on the serving employees.
• At present, the scheme was rolled out in four metro cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
• The whole system is online and even the bill processing shall be online.
When: 12 July 2017
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports