The state government of Rajasthan has decided to recognise political prisoners held in jails during the emergency period as ‘Loktantra Sainani’.
The state’s cabinet decided to change the name of Rajasthan MISA and DIR Bandi Pension Rules 2008 to the Rajasthan Loktantra Sainani samman Nidhi 2008 on 12 December 2017.
• Till now, only those people who were detained under MISA and DIR and kept in any of the Rajasthan jails were given the monthly pension of Rs 12,000 and a monthly allowance of Rs 1200.
• The total number of such people is 1050.
• However, after the cabinet’s decision, every Rajasthani¸ who was held in any jail in the country during emergency period will also be eligible for the pension.
• Such people will not need to produce the certificate of the respective Jail Superintendent or Superintendent of Police for getting pension.
• Now only self certification has to be given.
Besides this, the state government would be directing all the district collectors to invite such Loktantra Sainanis to the programs that will be organised at district level on the occasion of Republic Day and Independence Day.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.