Randall Oliphant appointed on 25 September 2013 as the Chairman of the World Gold Council (WGC) .He was succeeded by Ian Telfer.
About Randall Oliphant
• Randall Oliphant is Executive Chairman of the Canadian gold producer New Gold Inc.
• He worked in the industry in many capacities for almost 30 years, and he serves on the boards of a number of public and private companies and not-for-profit organizations.
About the World Gold Council(WGC)
• It is located in United Kingdom (UK).It is operating in India, the Far East, Europe and the US.
• The World Gold Council is the market development organisation for the gold industry.
• It is working for the investment, jewellery, technology sectors and engaging in government affairs.
• The main purpose of WGC is to provide industry leadership, whilst stimulating and sustaining demand for gold.
• We provide insights into the international gold markets, helping people to better understand the wealth preservation qualities of gold and its role in meeting the social and environmental needs of society.
• The World Gold Council has 23 members who include the world’s leading and most forward thinking gold mining companies.
Who: Randall Oliphant
Where: World Gold Council
When: on 25 September 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.