A Rapid Rural Police Response System was launched across Punjab on 1 July 2016.
The system was launched to ensure prompt and effective police response in over 12000 villages in Punjab.
Key highlights of Rapid Rural Police Response System
• The Rapid Rural Police Response System was launched by Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
• 400 new motorcycles and 220 new Bolero jeeps were also flagged off under the new system.
• Under the system, the police will respond to any crime or law and order situation within 20 minutes of it being reported.
• Two lines were set up under the system to avoid call rush or delays.
• The Police Department had divided 446 villages spread over four blocks of the district into 25 beats.
• A special control room equipped with computer-aided dispatch software had also been set up for the purpose.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App