Ray Manzarek, one of the founders of 1960s rock group called The Doors, died on 20 May 2013 in Rosenheim, Germany. He was 74 years of age. He died because of bile duct cancer.
About Ray Manzarek
• Ray Manzarek was born on 12 February 1939.
• He was a musician, songwriter as well as a filmmaker.
• In the year 1965, he formed The Doors along with singer Jim Morrison, guitarist Robbie Krieger and drummer John Densmore.
• His major genres included rock and roll, Psychedelic rock, jazz rock, jazz fusion, funk, blues rock, acid rock, blues and hard rock.
• The instruments that he played included percussion, keyboards, keyboard bass, guitar, Marxophone and vocals.
• After playing in The Doors, he also played in Nite City.
• In the year 2010, he recorded along with the guitarist Roy Rogers. In 2011, his album called Translucent Blues was released and it was ranked at number 3 position on Top 100 Roots Rock Albums of 2011 by The Roots Music Report.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.