Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (RJIL) or Reliance Jio on 27 December 2015 launched 4G telecom service. The service was launched at the Reliance Corporate Park in Navy Mumbai to mark the birth anniversary of Dhirubhai Ambani, founder of the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
However, at present, it is limited to 85000 employees and their families of the company, while the commercial services are expected to begin by April 2016.
Features of Jio 4G Service
• It has three-pronged focus on broadband networks, affordable smart phones and the availability of rich content and applications
• It offers a unique combination of telecom, high speed data, digital commerce, media and payment services.
• It provides data services with a speed up to 1 gigabyte per second.
• Under the project, around 2.5 lakh kilometers of fibre optic cables were laid to connect 18000 towns and around 1 lakh villages across the country.
• It will offer broad band services to 10 crore mobile users and 2 crore households.
• Users will have the option to switch over to 5G services in future.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: 4G telecom service
Where: Navi Mumbai
What: Launched by Reliance Jio
When: 27 December 2015
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance