Renowned Dogri poetess and writer Padma Sachdev was 6 March 2016 was awarded Krutitava Smagra Samman for the year 2015.
The award was given by Bharatiya's Bhasha Parishad in Kolkata for her outstanding contribution in literature and great service to Dogri Language.
She was presented with the award by the West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi. The Award carries an amount of one lakh rupees, a shawl and citation.
About Padma Sachdev
- She writes both in her mother tongue Dogri and the national language Hindi
- She has to her credit six collections of Dogri poetry, eight books of Hindi prose including two novels.
- She also writes an occasional article in Hindi for newspapers and journals.
- She won the Sahitya Akademi Award at the young age of thirty for her first collection of Dogri poetry title Mere Kavita, Mere Geet (1969)
- She also has won Soviet Land Nehru Award, Hindi Academy Puraskar, U.P. Hindi Academy Pruaskar, Raja Ram Mohan Roy Puraskar, Joshua Poetry Award, and the Jammu & Kashmir Government’s Robe of Honour.
Her collection of Dogri poetry
- Meri Kavita, Mere Geet (1969)
- Tawi Te Chanhaan (1976)
- Nehriyan Galiyan (1982)
- Pota Pota Nimbal (1987)
- Uttarbaihni (1992)
- Tainthiyaan (1999)
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App