Twitter India Head Rishi Jaitly on 1 November 2016 resigned from the company. He made the announcement on his twitter handle.
Jaitly, who formerly worked at Google India, had joined Twitter in November 2012 to lead the microblogging giant's expansion to India.
In 2014, Jaitly took on additional responsibility as Twitter’s Market Director for India and South East Asia, leading the company’s growth and media partnerships across SE Asia.
Prior to joining Twitter, Jaitly worked at Knight Foundation as Program Director. However, he is better known for his stint as the head of Public-Private Partnerships at Google India.
• Twitter is an online news and social networking service where users post and read short 140-character messages called tweets.
• It is based in San Francisco and has more than 25 offices around the world.
• It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone and Evan Williams. However, the site was officially launched in July 2006.
• In 2013, it was one of the ten most-visited websites and has been described as the SMS of the Internet.
• As of March 2016, it had more than 310 million monthly active users.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.