Rochus Misch, the last Bodyguard of Adolf Hitler died
The last surviving bodyguard of Hitler, Rochus Misch died in Germany. He was the last when Hitler killed himself.
Rochus Misch, the former bodyguard of the Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler died at the age of 96 on 6 September 2013 in Germany. He was the person, who witnessed the final hours of Hitler and was also the last survivor of the Hitler’s bunker in Berlin.
About Rochus Misch
• Rochus Misch was the telephone operator in the bunkers of Hitler
• He was a member of the Fuehrer's inner circle, as a bodyguard, a courier and telephone operator
• He was born on 1917 in Alt Schalkowitz, Poland
• Before being inducted into Hitler’s personal staff, he served Poland in 1939
• Towards, the end of the war and defeat of the Nazis, Hitler moved back for retreat in his Berlin Bunker and Mish became the final witness, when Hitler killed himself on 30 April 1945
• He was captured by the Soviet Forces in May 1945 and spent 9 years of his life in the Soviet Prisoner of War Camp and returned back to Berlin in 1953
• After his return to Berlin, he came up with a home decoration business from which he retired in mid 1980s
• He became the last witness to see Hitler’s end of life in the Third Reich Bunker after the death of Ottp Gunsche in 2003
• A book named Misch's Memoir – The Last Witness was published in German