Rusi Dinshaw, the only Parsi Community cricketer of Pakistan died on 24 March 2014 in Karachi. He was 86 and was suffering from schizophrenia.
About Rusi Nausherwan Dinshaw
• He was selected in a Pakistan’s first test Squad that first toured India in 1952-53, but didn’t played
• He was a left-handed batsman and left-arm spinner
• He went to Pakistan after partition of post Independent India
• He scored a double hundred in the Ruby Shield schools tournament in Kolkata
• He led the Karachi University in 1946 that won against Bombay University in the Maharaja Kumar of Cooch Behar Trophy
• He debuted in the first-class cricket in 1948 for Sindh at the Karachi Gymkhana against West Indies (their tour to Pakistan)
When: 24 March 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.