Rusi Dinshaw, Pakistan’s only Parsi cricketer died
Rusi Dinshaw, the only Pakistani cricketer of Parsi Community died in Karachi. He was suffering from schizophrenia.
Rusi Dinshaw, the only Parsi Community cricketer of Pakistan died on 24 March 2014 in Karachi. He was 86 and was suffering from schizophrenia.
About Rusi Nausherwan Dinshaw
• He was selected in a Pakistan’s first test Squad that first toured India in 1952-53, but didn’t played
• He was a left-handed batsman and left-arm spinner
• He went to Pakistan after partition of post Independent India
• He scored a double hundred in the Ruby Shield schools tournament in Kolkata
• He led the Karachi University in 1946 that won against Bombay University in the Maharaja Kumar of Cooch Behar Trophy
• He debuted in the first-class cricket in 1948 for Sindh at the Karachi Gymkhana against West Indies (their tour to Pakistan)