Sanjay Gupta on 8 July 2016 was appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL).
Prior to Gupta’s elevation, he had been working as Director (Operating & Commercial) of Konkan Railway since 30 September 2013. He had also been officiating as the CMD since 24 November 2015 after the retirement of B P Tayal.
Who is Sanjay Gupta?
• Sanjay Gupta has worked on several prestigious and coveted posts as well as on various assignments over the Railways.
• He holds a rich experience of more than 30 years as a Mechanical Officer of Indian Railways.
• Prior to his posting as Director (Operations & Commercial) of Konkan Railway, he worked as Chief Mechanical Engineer on Konkan Railway.
• He is the Youngest Ever Officer to be appointed as CMD of KRCL.
About Konkan Railway Corporation Limited
• Konkan Railway Corporation Limited is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways.
• It operates the Konkan Railways, a subsidiary zone of the Indian Railways.
• It is headquartered at CBD Belapur in Navi Mumbai.
• The company started its full operations of trains on 26 January 1998.
• The first passenger train ran on Konkan railway tracks on 20 March 1993 between Udupi and Mangalore.
• The anti-collision devices, the Sky Bus and RORO are a few of the innovations from Konkan Railways.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Sanjay Gupta
When: 8 July 2016