Sheila Dikshit on 26 August 2014 submitted her resignation as Kerala Governor to The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee . Ms.Dikshit was appointed as Kerala governor in March 2014 by the UPA Government just before the model code of conduct came into force for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Thus,Dikshit became the sixth governor to resign after being nudged by the NDA government.Five other governors -- M.K. Narayanan (West Bengal), Ashwani Kumar (Nagaland), B.L. Joshi (UP), B.V. Wanchoo (Goa) and Shekhar Dutt (Chhattisgarh) had resigned apparently after they were telephoned by the Union home secretary.
About Sheila Dikshit
• Sheila Dikshit served as the Chief Minister of Delhi for 15 consecutive years from 1998 to 2013.
• She was a Member of Parliament in lok sabha from Kannauj parliamentary constituency of Uttar Pradesh between 1984 and 1989.
• She served on the Estimates Committee of Lok Sabha.
• She represented India at United Nations Commission on Status of Women for five years (1984–1989).
• She also served as a Union Minister during 1986–1989, first as the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and later as a Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office.
• Dikshit represented the Gole Market assembly constituency in the 1998 and 2003 Assembly elections and New Delhi constituency from 2008.
• Dikshit was accused of corruption regarding the 2010 Commonwealth Games. The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report allegedly blamed her for irregularities in imported equipment for street lighting in the city during the games
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
Who: Sheila Dikshit
When: 26 August 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.