Shipping Ministry organised ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ Sammelan
The Shipping Corporation of India in collaboration with Ministry of Shipping, Government of India had organised ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ sammelan at Vile Parle in Mumbai.
The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) in collaboration with Ministry of Shipping, Government of India (GOI) organised ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ sammelan on 15 June 2017 at Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle in Mumbai.
The sammelan was held to showcase the achievements and spread awareness on good governance outcomes of GOI & SCI in the last three years. While MLA and Mumbai BJP President, Ashish Shelar graced the occasion as the Chief Guest, Vinod Tawade, Minister of Higher & Technical Education and Marathi Bhasha & Cultural Affairs, Maharashtra State and Malini Shankar (IAS), Director General of Shipping consented to be the Special Guests.
Also present at the occasion was Capt. Anoop Kumar Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director of SCI along with other dignitaries and senior officials of the organisation.
• It was established on 2 October 1961 by the amalgamation of Eastern Shipping Corporation and Western Shipping Corporation.
• Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company.
• As the country’s premier shipping line, the SCI owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business; servicing both national and international trades.
• Further, the organisation has played a pivotal role in the Mars Obiter Mission, where SCI's two Platform Supply Vessels (PSVs) were deployed by ISRO to successfully track the crucial separation of the 3rd stage of the PSLV and the ignition of 4th stage.
• Being committed to the path of sustainable development, SCI has installed a 353.5 kWp Solar photo voltaic power plant at its Maritime Training Institute at Powai, Mumbai, which is one of the largest installations in Mumbai.
• SCI has also constructed compost pits at its training institute to process organic waste being produced at the institute and use it as manure for gardening.
• SCI has also joined hands in the mission of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan by constructing toilets in different states and UTs including Maharashtra, West Bengal, Punjab, Rajasthan and Andaman and plans to extend its support in Lakshwadeep as well.
• The organisation is also trying to empower the girls of financially weaker sections of Orissa by providing bicycles to travel to school.
• It is also contributing towards environmental sustainability with a project of Solar Photovoltaic Based Led Street Lighting Systems at various villages of Purnia, Bihar.
• It has also contributed in the fields of maritime education and national sports.
Further, the Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas Sammelan is being organized at various locations across the country to highlight the good governance initiatives and the exemplary work done by the Central Government such as demonetisation, women empowerment, enhancing villages and villagers and raising India’s head in the global order with programmes such as Make in India, Digital India and Skill India.