The Italian Senate on 27 November 2013 expelled ex- Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi from Parliament over his tax fraud conviction.
The Senate declared Berlusconi ineligible for parliament after he was convicted of masterminding a complex system of illegally inflated invoices to cut the tax bill for his Mediaset television empire.
About Silvio Berlusconi
• He was born on 29 September 1936.
• Berlusconi, 77, is an entrepreneur, media tycoon and politician.
• In 1993, Berlusconi founded his own political party, Forza Italia - Go Italy - named after a chant used by Italian football fans.
• Berlusconi as Italian politician dominated for two decades and he served three times as Prime Minister (In between 1994-2011). He was the member of Italian senate.
• He was involved in many scandals during his political career, like charges of abuse of office and corruption.
Who: Silvio Berlusconi
When: 27 November 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.