Japanese conglomerate SoftBank on 22 June 2016 named Ken Miyauchi, head of the group's Japanese telecommunications operations, as President and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The appointment came after Nikesh Arora had abruptly resigned from his position after it became clear that Chairman and CEO Masayoshi wanted to remain at the helm longer than first planned.
Who is Ken Miyauchi?
• Before being named as President and COO of SoftBank, Ken Miyauchi led the Japanese telecommunications operations.
• He held 1101230 shares of SBG as of 31 March 2016.
• He joined SOFTBANK Corp. Japan in October 1984.
• SoftBank Group Corporation is a Japanese multinational telecommunications and Internet corporation.
• It was established in Tokyo, Japan, on 3 September 1981.
• As of 2015, SoftBank was the 62nd largest company in the world based on a composite of sales, profit, assets and market value.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.