Subhas Goswami, director of the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy appointed as the Director General (DG) of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on 30 October 2013. He will succeed Ajay Chadha, IPS.
About Subhas Goswami
• Subhas Goswami is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre.
• He served in Assam in various capacities as SP NC Hills and Morigaon; Commandant of Battalions in Assam Police; DIG (Central Western Range), Guwahati; DIG, Western Range, Kokrajhar; DIG (Security); DIG (Border) and Director, Assam State Forensic Science Organisation, Guwahati; and IGP (Bureau of Investigation and Economic Offences).
• He served as IGP of CRPF from February 2001 to February 2008.
• He served the Assam Police Housing Corporation Ltd., as its Chairman-cum-Managing Director from November 2009 to February 2013.
• He was decorated with the Indian Police Medal for Meritorious Service in 2001 and the President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Services in 2007.
About Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
• The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is an Indian force conceived on 24 October 1962 for security along the India's border with the Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
• ITBP is a specialized mountain force.
Who: Subhas Goswami
When: on 30 October 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.