Bharti Enterprises founder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal on 26 May 2016 received 2016 Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award.
He was one of the five recipients of the year. the others include Mary Callahan, CEO of J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Alan F. Horn, chairman of the Walt Disney Studios; W. James McNerney Jr., retired chairman of The Boeing Company; and Thomas J. Tierney, former worldwide managing director of Bain & Company and chairman and cofounder of The Bridgespan Group.
About Sunil Bharti Mittal
• He is the founder, chairman and Group CEO of Bharti Enterprises, which has interests in telecom, financial services, retail and agri business.
• The Group flagship Bharti Airtel, with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa and has customer base of over 275 million.
• It is India’s largest telecom company and world’s third largest mobile operator.
• He is listed as the eight richest person in India by Forbes with a Net worth of 7 billion dollars.
• He serves on the Prime Minister of India’s Council on Trade & Industry.
• He also held various prestigious positions like Vice-Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
• He was also felicitated with India’s third highest civilian honour, Padma Bhushan in 2007.
About Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award
The award is presented annually since 1968 and is the highest honour given to any alumni of the institute.
The award confers on who have contributed significantly to their companies and communities while upholding the highest standards and values.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.