Swasthya Raksha Programme: The programme was launched by the AYUSH Ministry to promote health and health education in rural villages.
The Swasthya Raksha Programme was in news on 16 December 2016 as the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shripad Yasso Naik provided information about the programme in the Lok Sabha.
About Swasthya Raksha Programme
• It was launched by the Union Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) in October 2015.
• The purpose of the programme is to promote health and health education in villages
• The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) and the Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS) are implementing the programme.
• The key objectives of the programme are -
1. To organize Swasthya Rakshan OPDs, Swasthya Parikshan Camps and hygiene awareness programme
2. To create awareness about cleanliness of domestic surroundings and environment
3. To provide medical aid and incidental support in the adopted Colonies and villages
4. To document demographic information, food habits, hygiene conditions, seasons, lifestyle and disease prevalence
5. To assess health status and propagation of ayurvedic concept of pathya-apathya and extension of health care services.
In order to achieve the above objectives, the following initiatives were undertaken so far.
• Information, education and communication (IEC) material like banners, hoardings, posters and handouts were developed in Hindi, English and 07 regional languages.
• Swasthya Rakshan OPDs were organized in each village on weekly basis for providing treatment for various disease conditions.
• Swasthya Parikshan Camps organized on weekly basis.
• A Survey was undertaken in the identified villages to identify prevalent diseases. Individual health screenings of people have been done.
• Mass campaigns were organised with a focus on personal, environmental and social hygiene.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App