Telangana launches 'Janahitha' for speedy redressal of public grievances
The Telangana government has launched a special portal called 'Janahitha' to act as a single window for all grievances and their redressal management.
The Telangana government launched a special portal called “Janahitha” to receive complaints from the public on 19 July 2017.
The programme was inaugurated in Suryapet district on a pilot basis by Telangana Energy minister G Jagadish Reddy. Reddy said that the state government was maintaining transparency in all aspects and putting all out efforts to resolve the issues of people living in the state’s remote areas.
• The portal, which has been developed by Telangana’s IT department, is a single window for all grievances and their redressal management.
• It is aimed at facilitating the public to submit their complaints online and get speedy redressal.
• The public, instead of visiting offices, can lodge their grievances through different means like portal, e-mail, WhatsApp or calling at the call centre from their homes.
• The public can also apply for various welfare schemes through the facility.
• The programme would be implemented across the state in a phased manner after four months.
• The complaint redressal process would be monitored by officials at the district headquarters and Secretariat in Hyderabad, who will send SMS to the citizens on their status.
• Citizens would be notified of their complaint’s status through SMS.
• In cases where officials fail to redress the grievances in the set time, negative marks will be given to them.
Speaking further on the development, Jagadish Reddy said that the portal was an effort on the part of the state government to do away with long waiting queues on every Monday, which the state designated as Grievance day.