10 January 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. It will help to recall and recollect the things you have read recently. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics like Overseas Parliamentary Conference, common card for traveling in bus & metro, flag made from plastic, cotton buds banned etc. among others.
1. Which type of flag was banned by the government recently?
a Plastic tricolor
b. Tricolor of paper
c. Tricolor of fiber
d. neither of the above
2. Defense Minister Nirmala Sirmarna recently chaired the naval power show on which battleship?
a. INS Vikramaditya
b. INS Emperor
c. INS vikrant
d. INS Kolkata
3. Which country has recently banned cotton buds?
4. Who has recently been appointed as the General Manager of the Board of the Indian Cricket Board?
a. Arvind pangarhiya
b. Saba Karim
c. Anil Joshi
d. Salman Malik
5. In which country was the first transporter Walkaway Glass Bridge introduced with special effects?
d. Sri Lanka
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the first Overseas Parliamentary Conference of Overseas Indian in which city?
a. new Delhi
d. None of these
7. Recently, which state government has introduced a common card to travel in bus, metro?
d. Andra Pradesh
8. Recently popular musician AR Rahman was appointed as brand ambassador of which state?
9. Which of the following state's Chief Minister has unveiled the official logo of her state?
10. Which country has recently become the first country to make equal pay for men and women?
Answers with Explanation
1. a. Plastic tricolor
According to the instructions issued by the central government, the ban on the use of plastic tricolor has been announced.
2. d. INS Kolkata
While presiding over India's navy power demonstration, the Defense Minister initially boarded the INS Kolkata.
3. c. England
Cotton buds have been banned in England. Cotton buds are cotton wrapped on either side of a plastic stick used to clean ears. After use, these cotton buds go directly to the seas while going through the sewage.
4. b. Saba Karim
Former Indian wicketkeeper Saba Karim has been appointed as the General Manager of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
5. a. China
The first transparent Walkway Glass Bridge with special effects has been opened in China. Wuhu's lush hill is built at a height of 590 feet. Its length is 1272 feet and it has 124 panels of glass.
6. a. New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the first Overseas Parliamentary Conference in the Overseas Center on January 9, 2018 in New Delhi.
7. c. Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched 'Delhi Common Mobility Card' with the help of which the Delhi Metro and 250 selected buses of the city can be traveled with the same card.
8. d. Sikkim
Famous composer AR Rahman has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Sikkim.
9. d. Bengal
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee unveiled the official logo of the state government.
10. a. Iceland
In the direction of gender equality, Europe's small country Iceland has taken a big step. Iceland has become the world's first country to legalize equal pay between men and women.