13 April 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as CWG 2018 winners, FIFA rankings and 65th National Film Awards among others.
1. Who became the youngest Indian to win a gold medal in the Commonwealth Games?
a) Manu Bhaker
b) Anish Bhanwala
c) Shreyasi Singh
d) Bajrang Punia
2. Which Indian wrestler won gold in the men’s freestyle 65 kg category?
a) Bajrang Punia
b) Sushil Kumar
c) Pawan Kumar
d) Mausam Khatri
3. Which nation topped FIFA rankings of April 2018?
4. Which state’s cabinet approved a new rehabilitation policy for slum dwellers?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
5. Which Indian athlete won silver in the women’s discus throw final?
a) Seema Punia
b) Navjeet Dhillon
c) Tejaswini Sawant
d) Anjum Moudgil came
6. In boxing, which Indian boxer claimed India’s first medal at CWG 2018?
a) Mary Kom
b) Naman Tanwar
c) Manu Bhaker
d) Pooja Dhanda
7. Which film won in the Best Hindi language film category at the 65th National Film Awards?
b) Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
d) Toilet Ek Prem Katha
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
8. Who was awarded with the Best Actress award in feature films at the 65th National Film Awards?
a) Kangana Ranaut
c) Vidya Balan
d) Deepika Padukon
9. ISRO successfully launched navigation satellite IRNSS-1L into the orbit from which launch vehicle?
10. HRD Ministry constituted a committee under Chairmanship of Bhupendrasinh Chudasama for eliminating fear of which subject?
11. Scientist of which country recently launched the world’s first microfactory to help tackle e-waste hazard?
12. Which IIT institute installed India’s first 5G radio laboratory?
Answers with Explanation
1. (b) Anish Bhanwala
The 15-year-old Indian shooter, Anish Bhanwala, has created history by becoming the country’s youngest ever gold medal winner in the Commonwealth Games. Bhanwala shot down the CWG record in the 25m Rapid Fire final with a score of 30 points including four series of 5 each.
2. (a) Bajrang Punia
Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia has won gold in the men's freestyle 65 kg category. Punia with his technical superiority took only around two minutes to overpower Kane Charig of Wales to take the top spot.
3. (d) Germany
The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking of April 2018 ranked current world champions, Germany at the top despite one draw and defeat in March. The nation with 1533 points still has quite a lead over Brazil, which is ranked at the second position with 1384 points.
4. (c) Haryana
Haryana Cabinet has approved the Slum-In-Situ Rehabilitation Policy to provide housing facility to the slum dwellers in the state without making them relocate to other areas. The expenditure for building the housing facility for the slum dwellers will be borne by the Centre and the state government.
5. (c) Seema Punia
Indian athletes Seema Punia and Navjeet Dhillon opened India's account in athletics on Day 8 of Commonwealth Games 2018 by winning silver and bronze medals respectively in the women's discus throw final.
6. (b) Naman Tanwar
In Boxing, Indian Boxer Naman Tanwar opened India’s medal haul by bagging the bronze medal, as he lost to Australia’s to Jason Whateley in men’s 91kg semifinals.
7. (a) Newton
The 65th National Film Awards were announced on April 13, 2017 by the jury headed by renowned filmmaker Shekhar Kapur. This year, Amit V Masurkar's ‘Newton’ movie won the Best Hindi language film award, while Pankaj Tripathi received a special mention for his performance in the same film.
8. (b) Sridevi
The 65th National Film Awards were announced on April 13, 2017 by the jury headed by renowned filmmaker Shekhar Kapur. Sridevi was posthumously awarded with the Best Actress award for her movie ‘Mom’.
9. (a) PSLV-C41
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched the navigation satellite IRNSS-1I into the orbit with the help of PSLV-C41 launch vehicle from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on April 12, 2018. IRNSS-1I is the 8th such satellite to be a part of the NavIC navigation satellite constellation.
10. (b) Maths
Human Resource Development Ministry constituted the committee under the Chairmanship of Gujarat Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama to suggest the ways to make the Maths subject easy.
11. (c) Australia
Veena Sahajwalla, an Indian-origin scientist in Australia, launched the world’s first microfactory that can transform the components from electronic waste items such as smartphones and laptops into valuable materials for re-use.
12. (d) IIT-Delhi
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi installed the Massive Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) technology lab at the Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management campus. The lab is likely to reduce effects of exposure and radiation compared to the 3G/4G systems.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.