Top Current Affairs Quiz: 13 February 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018, US-India CEO Forum and India’s first Mega Aqua Food Park among others.
13 February 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018, US-India CEO Forum and India’s first Mega Aqua Food Park among others.
1. On which of the following banks, the RBI did not impose the monetary penalty in the first week of February 2019?
a) HDFC Bank
b) IDBI Bank
c) Punjab National Bank
d) Allahabad Bank
2. Which State presented its budget on February 12, 2019 with revenue surplus of Rs 21,516.99 crore?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
3. The Defence Ministry on February 12, 2019 issued Expression of Interest for procurement of how many Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH) for the Indian Navy?
4. Which city will host the US-India CEO Forum on February 14, 2019?
b) New Delhi
5. The Supreme Court on February 12, 2019 referred the petition seeking withdrawal of which status of the Aligarh Muslim University to a seven-judge bench?
a) Minority Status
b) Special Status
c) Eminence Status
d) None of the above
6. The Indian Parliament has passed the Personal Laws (Amendment) Bill 2019. The bill seeks to remove which disease as a ground for divorce?
7. India’s first Mega Aqua Food Park was commissioned recently in which state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
8. The legislators of which nation passed a landmark bill making it easier for asylum seekers to get medical treatment in the country?
9. Which nation’s government has fired its election commission?
d) Sri Lanka
10. The European Union members of UN Security Council have asked for humanitarian access to which nation?
1. (c) Punjab National Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in the first week of February 2019 imposed monetary penalty on seven banks including HDFC Bank, IDBI Bank, Allahabad Bank and others for non-compliance with various directions issued by the RBI on monitoring of end use of funds, exchange of information with other banks, Know Your Customer (KYC) norms, etc.
2. (b) Bihar
Bihar Chief Minister and Finance Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on February 12, 2019 presented the Rs 2,00,501 crore state budget in the Bihar Assembly with focus on education, rural development and energy sectors. The Bihar budget 2019 has revenue surplus of Rs 21,516.99 crore during 2019-20.
3. (d) 111
The Defence Ministry on February 12, 2019 issued Expression of Interest to shortlist potential Indian strategic partners and foreign Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for the procurement of 111 Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH) for the Indian Navy at an estimated cost of over Rs 21,000 crore.
4. (b) New Delhi
The first meeting of the US-India CEO Forum under the US President Donald Trump Administration will be held in New Delhi on February 14, 2019. The meeting will be co-chaired by US Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross and Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu.
5. (a) Minority Status
The Supreme Court on February 12, 2019 referred the petition seeking withdrawal of minority status of the Aligarh Muslim University to a seven-judge bench. A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi referred the matter to the larger bench to determine the correctness of minority status of AMU and to define the parameters for granting minority status to the institution.
6. (c) Leprosy
The Parliament has passed the Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018 that seeks to remove leprosy as a ground for divorce. Leprosy is being removed as a ground for divorce as it is now a curable disease as against the earlier notion of it being incurable.
7. (b) Andhra Pradesh
Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal on February 12, 2019 commissioned Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park at Tundurru Village in Bhimavaram Mandal, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh through video conferencing. The park will be the first Mega Aqua Food Park operationalised exclusively for fish and marine products processing in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
8. (d) Australia
Australian legislators have passed a landmark bill making it easier for asylum seekers, being held on remote Pacific islands, to get medical treatment in the country. This is the first time in decades the government has lost a vote on its own legislation in the lower house as the bill was passed with an opposition amendment.
9. (a) Afghanistan
The Afghanistan government has fired its election commission. The move comes more than three months after chaotic parliamentary elections, the results of which have still not been announced and ahead of July's controversial presidential vote.
10. (c) Ukraine
European Union members of the UN Security Council have asked for humanitarian access to eastern Ukraine's areas held by separatists. The countries said in a statement, some 3.5 million people require humanitarian aid and protection due to widespread mine contamination, escalating psychological trauma and lack of access to basic services.