15 March 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like International Pi day, President of Nepal and India and Madagascar relations among others.
1. Who was re-elected as the President of Nepal recently?
a) Bidya Devi Bhandari
b) Bhimsen Thapa
c) Kumari Laxmi Rai
d) Madan Bhandari
2. When was the 2018 International Pi day observed?
a) 13 March
b) 14 March
c) 15 March
d) 16 March
3. The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) collaborated with which University for a joint research in R&D areas?
a) Oxford University
b) University of Cambridge
c) Vietnam National University
d) Stanford University
4. Union Health ministry signed MoU with which organisation for enhanced cooperation in the health sector?
a) United Nations
c) United Health Association
d) World Health Organization
5. When is the World Consumer Rights Day observed every year?
a) 14 March
b) 15 March
c) 16 March
d) 17 March
6. Which committee will be constituted by the Haryana government to find solution to polluted water flowing in Yamuna river?
a) Om Parkash Dhankhar committee
b) AB Joshi Committee
c) Rakesh Srivastava Committee
d) Krishan Lal committee
7. India has signed an umbrella agreement in the defence sector with which nation?
c) Vatican City
8. Which state is going to provide universal access to eye care services?
b) Uttar Pradesh
9. The Chief Justice of which nation was removed by the Judicial Council after a dispute of his multiple birth certificates?
c) United States
10. Which among the following apps was launched by the National Crime Records Bureau to smoothen the interface between citizens and the police?
a) Citizen Services
b) e-Nagrik Seva
11. Which state’s government is going to make drunken driving causing death a non-bailable offence?
d) Uttar Pradesh
12. A book signed by which renowned Indian author was auctioned for USD 700?
a) Satyajit Ray
b) R. K. Narayan
c) Ruskin Bond
d) Rabindranath Tagore
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
1. (a) Bidya Devi Bhandari
Bidya Devi Bhandari was re-elected as President of Nepal for second term in office with an overwhelming majority. She defeated her Nepali Congress rival Kumari Laxmi Rai in the elections.
2. (b) 14 March
Pi Day is an annual celebration of the mathematical constant π whose value is 3.14. Pi Day is observed on March 14 as 3, 1, 4 are the first three significant digits of π.
3. (c) Vietnam National University
The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and Vietnam National University (VNU) will undertake joint research in R&D areas of mutual interest.
4. (d) World Health Organization
The Union Health Ministry and the World Health Organization (WHO) signed an MoU for enhanced cooperation in the health sector. The agreement was signed and exchanged between Joint Secretary (Health Ministry) Lav Agarwal and Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of the WHO.
5. (b) 15 March
The World Consumer Rights Day was observed across the world on March 15, 2018 with an aim to promote basic rights of consumers and to ensure that these rights are respected and protected.
6. (a) Om Parkash Dhankhar Committee
The Haryana government will constitute a committee to find a solution to polluted water flowing in Yamuna river affecting the four districts of the state. The committee, led by State Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Om Parkash Dhankhar, will discuss the issue with the Delhi government and the Centre
7. (b) Madagascar
India and Madagascar have signed an umbrella agreement in the field of defence. Under the agreement, both the countries will explore various ways of co-operation in the field of defence. An amended air service agreement was also signed to support efforts towards improving connectivity between the two countries.
8. (c) Odisha
The Odisha Cabinet on March 14, 2018 approved a scheme to provide universal access to comprehensive eye care services from primary to tertiary levels in the state. The Cabinet approved the Universal Eye Health Program on affordable eye care services in rural and tribal areas and has made skilled manpower and equipment available.
9. (d) Nepal
Nepal's controversial Chief Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli was removed by the Judicial Council on March 14, 2018 amid a raging dispute over his multiple birth certificates. Parajuli was sacked minutes before he was preparing to administer oath to President Bidhya Devi Bhandari, a day after she was re-elected to the post.
10. (a) Citizen Services
The National Crime Records Bureau has launched a mobile app called ‘Citizen Services’ to offer various essential police related services to the citizens. The services aim to provide a smooth interface between the citizens and the police.
11. (b) Haryana
The Haryana Government is planning to make drunk driving that leads to death a non-bailable offence in order to take a tougher stand against road accidents caused by inebriated drivers. In 2017, around 14,668 criminal cases were registered in the state against people indulging in illicit liquor trade.
12. (d) Rabindranath Tagore
The hardcover copy of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore's 'The King of the Dark Chamber' - the English translation of his famous Bengali play 'Raja' - has been sold for USD 700 at an auction in the United States. Signed on the introductory page in fountain pen by Tagore, the Bolpur edition of the book was published by the Macmillan Company in 1916.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.