Top Current Affairs Quiz: 15 November 2018
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 33rd ASEAN summit, 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award and Samudra Shakti 2018 among others.
15 November 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 33rd ASEAN summit, 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award and Samudra Shakti 2018 among others.
1. What was the theme of the 33rd ASEAN summit 2018?
a) Resilience and Innovation
b) One ASEAN at the Heart of Dynamic Asia
c) Energy, Environment, Climate Change and Sustainable Development
d) Strengthening ASEAN Maritime Cooperation
2. Which Indian project won the 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award in ‘Award of Distinction’ category?
a) LAMO Centre of Ladakh
b) University of Mumbai Library Building
c) Ruttonsee Muljee Jetha Fountain
d) Rajabai Clock Tower
3. ISRO launched communication satellite GSAT 29 aboard which launch vehicle?
a) GSLV Mk III
b) GSLV 2
c) PSLV III
d) ASLV IV
4. As per the US-based National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) report, which Indian city is the most congested one?
5. The first-ever bilateral naval exercise ‘Samudra Shakti 2018’ began between India and which country?
6. According to a Cisco-led study, which country is going to add 14 lakh IT jobs in new-age technologies by 2027?
7. The 26th Conference of Central and State Statistical Organisation has held in which state?
c) Himachal Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
8. The UNSC has unanimously agreed to lift sanctions against which nation after nine years?
9. According to ISRO Chief K Sivan, the first unmanned programme of 'Gaganyaan' has been planned for when?
a) December 2020
b) March 2019
c) January 2019
d) November 2020
10. The Election Commission has appointed Ashish Kundra as the Chief Electoral Officer of which state?
11. Which Summit was not held in Singapore recently?
a) 33rd ASEAN Summit
b) World Water Summit 2018
c) East Asia Summit
d) 2nd RCEP Summit
12. Which Indian politician delivered the keynote speech at the Singapore Fintech Festival?
a) Suresh Parbhu
b) Ram Nath Kovind
c) Narendra Modi
d) Venkaiah Naidu
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) Resilience and Innovation
The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit concluded on November 15, 2018 at Suntec Singapore Convention Centre, Singapore. The Summit began on November 13, 2018. The opening ceremony of the summit was addressed by Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore, Chairman of this year’s Summit.
2. (a) LAMO Centre of Ladakh
The LAMO Centre of Ladakh won the 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation on November 9, 2018. This aristocratic house was restored from a state of partial ruin. Apart from Ladakh’s centre, two Mumbai projects fetched Honourable Mention under the 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards.
3. (a) GSLV Mk III
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on November 14, 2018 successfully launched communication satellite GSAT-29 aboard its heavy-lift Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III (GSLV MkIII-D2).
4. (d) Bengaluru
The US-based National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) recently published the report titled ‘Mobility and Congestion in Urban India’. Bengaluru was ranked as India’s most congested city followed by Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Pune.
5. (b) Indonesia
The first-ever bilateral naval exercise ‘Samudra Shakti 2018’ began between Indian and Indonesian Navy at the port of Surabaya in Indonesia from November 12, 2018. From Indian side, INS Rana of the Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam under the Eastern Naval Command is participating in the exercise.
6. (d) India
India will generate over14 lakh new IT jobs by 2027 driven by demand for a skilled workforce in emerging technologies such as cyber security, Internet of things and Big Data, as per a Cisco-led study that released on November 15.
7. (c) Himachal Pradesh
The 26th Conference of Central and States Statistical Organisations began on November 15, 2018 at Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. The theme of this year's Conference is "Quality Assurance in Official Statistics".
8. (d) Eritrea
The United Nations Security Council on November 15, 2018 unanimously agreed to lift sanctions against Eritrea after nine years. An arms embargo, asset freeze, and travel ban were imposed in 2009 amid claims that Eritrea supported al-Shabab militants in Somalia. However, Eritrea has always denied the accusations.
9. (a) December 2020
The Indian Space Research Organisation has set a 'target' of achieving the country's ambitious manned mission to space by 2021, with the first unmanned programme of 'Gaganyaan' planned for December 2020, said the space agency's chief K Sivan November 14, 2018.
10. (b) Mizoram
The Election Commission has appointed Ashish Kundra as the New Chief Electoral Officer of Mizoram, replacing the present incumbent S B Shashank. Kundra is the principal secretary of the General Administration Department of Mizoram. The move follows protests in the state demanding for the removal of CEO Shashank.
11. (b) World Water Summit 2018
The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit concluded on November 15, 2018 at Suntec Singapore Convention Centre, Singapore. The Summit began on November 13, 2018. The Summit also saw the holding of other related summits like East Asia Summit (EAS), Regional Comprehensive Economic Summit, (RCEP) and ASEAN plus summits.
12. (c) Narendra Modi
PM Modi also addressed the audience during the Fintech Conference along with the IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde on the sidelines of 33rd ASEAN Summit. He became the first head of government to deliver the keynote speech at the Singapore Fintech Festival.