Top Current Affairs Quiz: 18 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict, Ram Mandir verdict, Chandrayaan-2 and Ebola outbreak among others.
18 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict, Ram Mandir verdict, Chandrayaan-2 and Ebola outbreak among others.
1. The ICJ ruled in favour of India on July 17, directing Pakistan to review and reconsider Kulbhushan Jadhav’s execution with how many votes?
2. The Supreme Court has allowed mediation process on Ram Mandir-Babri Masjid land dispute case to continue till which date?
a) July 20
b) July 31
c) August 2
d) August 1
3. WHO has declared Ebola outbreak in which among the following countries as a global health emergency?
d) DR Congo
4. Who among the following won her fourth gold within 15 days time in 200m race in the Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic?
a) Dutee Chand
b) Hima Das
c) VK Vismaya
d) Rani Rampal
5. What is the name of L&T's group chairman who has recently been appointed the non-executive chairman of IT company MindTree?
a) Arjun Venkat
b) A.M. Naik
c) P.K. Dikshit
d) Vivek Kulkarni
6. Name the owner of Sarvana Bhavan who was sentenced to life imprisonment but died due to heart attack.
a) P. Rajgopal
b) R. Siddharamaiya
c) V.K. Vats
d) J.K. Narayan
7. What is the new launch date of Chandrayaan-2?
a) 20 July
b) 21 July
c) 22 July
d) 23 July
8. Which among the following became the 76th signatory country to join the International Solar Alliance?
9. When is the Nelson Mandela International Day observed every year?
a) 16 July
b) 17 July
c) 18 July
d) 19 July
10. Which Indian company recently completed the acquisition of 100 percent stake of Hamleys Global Holdings Ltd (HGHL)?
1. (a) 15
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has directed Pakistan to review and reconsider Kulbhushan Jadhav’s death sentence order and give him a fair trial by providing him consular access. The ICJ ruled in favour of India by 15 to 1 votes.
2. (b) July 31
Ayodhya dispute: The Supreme Court has allowed mediation process in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to continue till July 31, after which the court will decide whether a hearing is required in the case.
3. (d) DR Congo
World Health Organization (WHO) on Wednesday declared Ebola Outbreak in DR Congo as an International public health emergency after it threatened to spread to a major city and neighbouring nations. The deadly Ebola virus has killed over 1700 people in DR Congo.
4. (b) Hima Das
Indian star sprinter Hima Das won her fourth gold in 15 days in the 200m race at the Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic on July 17. Das finished first with a timing of 23.25 seconds.
5. (b) A.M. Naik
Bengaluru based IT services firm MindTree Ltd has appointed A M Naik (the current chairman of L&T) as the company's new non-executive chairman. Bengaluru-based IT services firm Mindtree Ltd has recently been acquired by engineering giant Larsen and Toubro Ltd. Naik replaces Krishnakumar Natarajan, who resigned as the chairman and a board member from Mindtree.
6. (a) P. Rajgopal
Sarvana Bhavan owner P Rajagopal died on Thursday morning after he suffered a heart attack. He was also known as dosa king. Rajagopal had surrendered in court on July 9 to serve his life imprisonment for the kidnap and murder of a man named Prince Shanthakumar, husband of a woman named Jeevajothi whom Rajagopal wanted to marry as his third wife.
7. (c) 22 July
ISRO has declared in a recent tweet that launch of Chandrayaan-2 has been rescheduled for July 22, 2019. Chandrayaan-2 launch was called off due to technical snag but now Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has declared a new date for its launch.
8. (b) Palau
Palau recently signed the International Solar Alliance (ISA), becoming the 76th signatory country to join ISA. The ISA was launched jointly by India and France in 2015 on the sidelines of the COP21 UN Climate Change Conference in Paris.
9. (c) 18 July
Nelson Mandela International Day is observed every year on 18 July in recognition of the former South African President Nelson Mandela’s contribution to the culture of peace and freedom. Year 2019 marks 100 years of the birth of Nelson Mandela.
10. (a) Reliance
Reliance completed the 100 percent stake acquisition of the British toy retailer Hamleys Global Holdings Ltd (HGHL) for 67.96 million pounds.