Top Current Affairs Quiz: 19 October 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease.
19 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Buddha Circuit Train, Khon Ramlila and Oracle’s CEO among others.
1. How many days IRCTC’s Special Buddha Circuit train will take to complete its journey?
2. Which of the following player has made a debut for third and last match of India vs South Africa Series at the age of 30?
a. Ajay Punia
b. Sanjay Singh
c. Shahbaz Nadeem
d. Rashid Faizan
3. How many women astronauts did a spacewalk, without a male astronaut, for the first time in the history of Space?
4. In which school has Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved the proposal to give admission to girls from the session 2021-22?
a. Netarhat School
b. Sainik School
c. Navoday School
d. NDMC School
5. The culture department of which state government is going to organize the country's first training and demonstration program for the world-famous 'Khon Ramlila'?
d. Uttar Pradesh
Also Read | Top Current Affairs Quiz: 18 October 2019
6. Which of the following country will organise 91st Interpol General Assembly in 2022?
7. Which two states will witness assembly elections on October 21, 2019?
a. Karnataka & Maharashtra
b. Maharashtra and Haryana
c. Haryana & Rajasthan
d. Rajasthan & Karnataka
8. Who was appointed as the Director-General of the National Security Guard (NSG)?
a. Anup Kumar Singh
b. Rakesh Kumar Singh
c. Harinder Singh
d. MM Narwane
9. How many agreements were signed between India and Philippines during President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Manila?
10. What is the name of Oracle’s CEO who was recently passed away?
a. Jerem Dumini
b. Mark Hurd
c. Joseph Ilnis
d. Robert Dwen
1. (a) Eight
IRCTC has started Special Buddha Circuit Train to connect all Buddha pilgrimages. This train is equipped with modern facilities and will travel to 26 places in eight days.
2. (c) Shahbaz Nadeem
Shahbaz Nadeem is a left-arm spinner who has made a debut in third test-match of India vs South Africa series. He is 30 years old. He is assisting R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja in the match.
3. (a) Two
NASA’s Christina Koch and Jessica Meir have made a world record with their spacewalk which was organized without a male companion. It was the fourth spacewalk of Christina Koch while first of Jessica Meer.
4. (b) Sainik School
India's first Sainik School was established in the year 1961 in Maharashtra. After that, Sainik Schools were opened in Kunjpura in Haryana, Kapurthala in Punjab, Balachadi in Gujarat and Chittorgarh in Rajasthan. It will be the first time when girl students will get admission in Sainik School.
5. (d) Uttar Pradesh
Thailand's Khon Ramleela has been included in UNESCO's list of intangible cultural heritage. It is a masked dance depicting scenes from Ramlila. Uttar Pradesh Government will prepare some artists from the state for this art.
6. (b) India
India will organise Interpol’s 91st General Assembly on the occasion of 75th Independence Day of India. It was established in 1923 and India was included in the organization in 1949. Earlier, India had organized general assembly in 1997.
7. (b) Maharashtra and Haryana
Maharashtra and Haryana assemblies will be going to polls on October 21, 2019 (Monday). Along with the assembly elections, by-polls for two Lok Sabha constituencies and 51 Assembly seats will also take place on the same day.
8. (a) Anup Kumar Singh
Senior IPS officer Anup Kumar Singh was appointed as the Director-General of the National Security Guard (NSG). Singh is a 1985-batch IPS officer of Gujarat Cadre.
9. (c) Four
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind met his Philippines counterpart President Duterte and signed four agreements. These agreements are covering domains like security, maritime, science and technology and tourism.
10. (b) Mark Hurd
Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd died at the age of 62. He was also the CEO of HP before this position. During his tenure, there was a 37% increase in annual profits of Oracle shares.