Top Current Affairs Quiz: 2 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like ICC world Cup 2019, highest run scorer and Jal Shakti Abhiyan among others.
2 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like ICC world Cup 2019, highest run scorer and Jal Shakti Abhiyan among others.
1. Which batsman became the first Indian to cross 1000-run mark in 2019?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) KL Rahul
d) Rishabh Pant
2. India recently signed a deal to buy ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile from which country?
3. Who became the highest run scorer of ICC World Cup 2019 after the India vs Bangladesh World Cup cricket match?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) David Warner
c) Virat Kohli
d) Shakib Al Hasan
4. Which Country has left membership of International Whaling Commission and resumed hunting whales?
d) South Korea
5. Union Jal Shakti Ministry recently launched which initiative for water conservation and water security in 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts?
a) Jal Shakti Abhiyan
b) Jal Shakti Morcha
c) Jal Shakti Yojana
d) Jal Shakti Samman
6. Which Indian government department is taking trails of Tri-NETRA technology?
a) Ministry of HRD
b) Indian Railways
c) Commerce Industry
7. Which state government has decided to prepare the National Citizen Register on the basis of Assam Government?
b) Tamil Nadu
8. Which state government approved amendment in the Factory Act of 1948 to allow women for working in the night shift?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
1. (b) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma becomes the first Indian batsman to cross 1000-run mark in ODIs in 2019 after hitting a century in India vs Bangladesh cricket match of ICC World Cup 2019.
2. (a) Russia
India signed Rs 200 crore deal to buy ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile from Russia for making its fleet of Mi-35 attack choppers. Recently, the Indian Air Force has acquired the Spice-2000 stand-off weapon system.
3. (a) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma has become the highest run scorer in World Cup 2019. Rohit Sharma has also become the second Indian batsman after Sachin Tendulkar to score 500 plus runs in a World Cup match.
4. (c) Japan
Japanese fishermen have set sail to hunt whales commercially for the first time in more than three decades after Tokyo’s controversial decision to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission.
5. (a) Jal Shakti Abhiyan
Union Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat recently launched Jal Shakti Abhiyan for water conservation and water security in 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts.
6. (b) Indian Railways
In an attempt to avoid train accidents, Indian Railways has initiated a process to launch the Terrain Imaging for Diesel Drivers- Infrared Enhanced Optical and Radar Assisted (Tri-NETRA) system. ndian Railways is one of the world's largest railway network comprises of about 115,000 km (71,000 mi) of track over a route of around 67,312 km (41,826 mi) and 7,112 stations.
7. (c) Nagaland
Nagaland government has decided to start a variant of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), and the updating process is ongoing in Assam to detect illegal immigrants. With an objective to prevent the issuance of fake indigenous inhabitant certificates, the Nagaland government has decided to set up a Register of Indigenous Inhabitants Certificates of Nagaland (RIIN) soon, said officials.
8. (b) Goa
Now women can work in the night shifts in Goa. This is an important step in the direction of the Goa government towards empowerment of women. It is administered by the Ministry of Labor and Employment, by Directorate of Factory Counseling Services and Labor Institute.