Top Current Affairs Quiz: 20 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as National Geoscience awards, Taiwan’s diplomatic ties and recent tax cuts among others.
20 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as National Geoscience awards, Taiwan’s diplomatic ties and recent tax cuts among others.
1. Which nation cut off its ties with Taiwan recently, reducing its allies to just 15?
c) Marshall Islands
2. The Supreme Court has sought report from Juvenile Justice Panel of which state/UT on alleged illegal detention and ill-treatment of children?
a) West Bengal
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Jammu and Kashmir
3. As per Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s recent press conference, what is the new income tax rate of the new domestic manufacturing companies?
4. Who among the following won the National Geoscience Young Scientist Award-2018?
a) Dr. Sohini Ganguly
b) Dr. Yamuna Singh
c) Dr. Debjani Sarkar
d) Mr. Pradipta Sur
5. Which state government has made Sanskrit language compulsory from 3rd to 8th grade in all government and private schools?
6. Who among the following has been named as next IAF chief?
a) JBS Kaushik
b) SS Narayan
c) VK Pachauri
d) RKS Bhadauria
7. World Health Organization celebrated the first World Patient Safety Day on which day?
a) 20 September
b) 19 September
c) 18 September
d) 17 September
8. Who was honoured with the National Geoscience ‘Award of Excellence’?
a) Prof. Syed Wajih Ahmad Naqvi
b) Mr. Prabhakar Keshaorao Raut
c) Dr. Janardhana Raju Nandimandalam
d) Dr. Ashim Kumar Sinha
9. Union Ministry of Electronics and IT & DSCI recently collaborated with which company to launch ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’?
10. When is the International Day of Peace observed globally?
a) 20th September
b) 21st September
c) 22nd September
d) 23rd September
1. (a) Kiribati
Taiwan has cut off its ties with Kiribati thereby losing its second ally within a matter of a week. The Solomon Islands has earlier announced that it would be breaking its long-standing ties with Taiwan. Taiwan now has official diplomatic relations with only 15 countries worldwide.
2. (c) Jammu and Kashmir
The SC has sought a report from J&K’s Juvenile Justice panel on alleged ill-treatment and illegal detention of children in Jammu and Kashmir.
3. (d) 15
The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that in order to attract more investment in manufacturing, a new provision has been inserted in the Income Tax Act that will allow any new domestic company incorporated on or after October 1, 2019 making fresh investment in manufacturing to pay income tax at a rate of 15 percent.
4. (a) Dr. Sohini Ganguly
The National Geosciences Young Scientist Award-2018 was awarded to Dr. Sohini Ganguly from Goa University for her significant work in the fields of volcanology, geochemistry and petrology.
5. (a) Uttarakhand
The Uttarakhand government announced recently that Sanskrit language will be a mandatory subject in all private and government school from class 3rd to 8th. Apart from that, Uttarakhand CM, TS Rawat has launched music CD of Sanskrit poems.
6. (d) RKS Bhadauria
Air Marshall Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria has been named as next Indian Air Force chief by the Government of India. RKS Bhadauria has experience of flying 26 different types of fighter jets.
7. (d) 17 September
World Health Organisation (WHO) celebrated first World Patient Safety Day on 17 September 2019. It aims to create awareness about safety of patients. WHO has prepared an oath letter regarding the same. Now, every year World Patient Safety Day will be observed on 17 September.
8. (a) Prof. Syed Wajih Ahmad Naqvi
The National Geoscience ‘Award for Excellence’ was conferred to Prof. Syed Wajih Ahmad Naqvi from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for his significant global contributions in the field of aquatic biogeochemical research.
9. (b) Google
Union Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) and Data Security Council of India (DSCI) recently collaborated with Google India to launch ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’ to increase awareness about cashless payment.
10. (b) 21st September
The International Day of Peace is observed globally on 21st September to promote peace worldwide. The theme of 2019 International Day of Peace is "Climate Action for Peace".