21 September 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as National Sports Awards 2018, Exercise Aviaindra 18 and International Day of Peace among others.
1. Which nation’s President passed away at the age of 61 on September 21, 2018?
2. The World Bank has approved a partnership framework to support which nation’s transition to high-middle income country?
c) Sri Lanka
3. Which state’s government has decided to launch the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Credit Society Deposit Protection Scheme?
c) Uttar Pradesh
4. The first General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance will be inaugurated on which day?
a) 2nd October
b) 5th October
c) 29th September
d) 25th September
5. India has contributed how much amount for the UN's ambitious solar project?
a) Two Million
b) One million
c) One Billion
d) Five Million
6. India successfully test fired which short-range, quick reaction missile on September 20?
7. Exercise Aviaindra 18 began between India and which country?
d) Sri Lanka
8. The National Sports Awards 2018 were announced by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on September 20, 2018. Which sportsperson has been conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award?
a) Hima Das
b) PV Sindhu
c) Virat Kohli
d) Ajinkya Rahane
9. India recently signed revised Air Services Agreement enabling greater connectivity with which country?
10. When is the International Day of Peace observed every year?
a) 20 September
b) 21 September
c) 22 September
d) 23 September
11. The Global TB Report 2018 calls for an exceptional mobilisation of national and international commitments enough to end Tuberculosis (TB) by 2030. The report was released by which organisation?
a) World Health Organisation
b) United Nations
d) Ministry of Health
12. The Ministry of Home Affairs signed MoU with which organisation for setting up the state-of-the-art Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER) in the Ministry?
b) NITI Aayog
c) World Bank
Answers with Explanation
1. (c) Vietnam
Vietnam's President Tran Dai Quang passed away at the age of 61 on September 21 in a military hospital in Hanoi after a prolonged serious illness. According to reports, the Vietnamese leader had been suffering from a serious illness since the past few months and had travelled abroad several times for treatment.
2. (b) India
The World Bank board has approved an ambitious five-year Country Partnership Framework (CPF) for India that is in line with India’s objectives of high, sustainable and inclusive growth. The framework sets the strategic focus for the World Bank’s engagement with India for the period FY18-22.
3. (d) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government is going to come out with a scheme to protect deposits of upto Rs 1 lakh in cooperative credit societies, on the lines of similar protection offered to depositors of commercial banks. The name of the scheme would be Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Credit Society Deposit Protection Scheme. It will provide protection to deposits up to Rs one lakh.
4. (a) 2nd October
The first General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance, ISA, will be inaugurated on October 2, 2018 in New Delhi. The ISA is a major initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in contributing to the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement through the rapid and massive deployment of solar energy. The Founding Conference of the ISA was jointly hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron in New Delhi in March 2018.
5. (b) One million
India has contributed one million US dollars for the installation of solar panels on the roof of the imposing UN building at the world body's headquarters in New York. The contribution will help reduce carbon footprint and promote sustainable energy. India was the first responder to Secretary-General Antonio Guterres' call for climate action.
6. (d) Prahaar
India has successfully test-fired the indigenously developed surface-to-surface short-range tactical ballistic missile 'Prahaar' from the Odisha coast. The missile is equipped with state-of-the-art navigation, guidance and electromechanical actuation systems with an advanced onboard computer.
7. (b) Russia
The joint air tactical exercise “Aviaindra-18” has started between Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Air Force of the Russian Federation at Lipetsk, Russia from September 17 to 28, 2018. The second session of Aviaindra 18 would be conducted in Jodhpur, India from December 10 to 22, 2018. The aim of the exercise is focused towards anti-terrorist operations in a bi-lateral scenario.
8. (c) Virat Kohli
The National Sports Awards 2018 were announced by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on September 20, 2018. Cricket captain Virat Kohli and world champion weightlifter Mirabai Chanu will jointly be conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award 2018, India’s highest sporting honour.
9. (a) Morocco
India and Morocco on September 19, 2018 signed the revised Air Services Agreement enabling greater connectivity between the two countries through a modernised agreement. The delegation of the two countries has earlier met thrice wherein they have worked towards liberalisation of markets between the two countries and towards updating the existing Air Services Agreement.
10. (b) 21 September
The International Day of Peace was observed across the world on September 21, 2018 to recognise the efforts of those who have worked hard to end conflict and promote peace. The International Day of Peace is also a day of ceasefire.
11. (a) World Health Organisation
The World Health Organisation (WHO) on September 18, 2018 released the 2018 Global TB Report in New York. The report calls for an exceptional mobilisation of national and international commitments enough to end Tuberculosis (TB) by 2030.
12. (a) ISRO
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on September 20, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for setting up the state-of-the-art Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER) in Ministry of Home Affairs.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Open Defecation in India: All north-eastern states to become ODF by December 2018
Union Agriculture Ministry launches NCDC’s 'Yuva Sahakar Scheme' to promote young entrepreneurs
ISRO successfully launches communication satellite GSAT-29
India, Morocco sign agreement for assistance in legal and commercial matters