Top Current Affairs Quiz: 7 August 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease.
7 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like RBI Repo Rate, Smart Traffic Signal and 'Excellence in Cinema among others.
1. How much repo rate has been cut by RBI in third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement?
a. 35 basis points
b. 30 basis points
c. 25 basis points
d. 20 basis points
2. Name of the former External Affairs Minister and first women chief minister of Delhi who passed away recently.
a. Sonia Gandhi
b. Rekha Mahajan
c. Sushma Swaraj
d. Sheila Dikshit
3. Which state has recently passed anti-mob lynching bill providing for life imprisonment to convicts?
c. Madhya Pradesh
4. According to the Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) 2017-18, what is the percentage of India’s young people (15-29 years) in the labour force are unemployed?
5. Which of the following day was observed across the country on 7th August 2019?
a. National handloom day
b. National dairy day
c. National anti-piracy day
d. National consumer day
6. What Repo Rate was fixed by the RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee in the Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20?
7. How much amount was recently contributed by India to the UN Palestine refugee agency?
a. USD 1 million
b. USD 3 million
c. USD 5 million
d. USD 10 million
8. India’s 1st 3-D Smart Traffic Signal “Intelights” was launched in which city?
a. New Delhi
9. Which Bollywood actor will be felicitated with 'Excellence in Cinema' award in Australia?
a. Amir Khan
b. Amitabh Bachchan
c. Shah Rukh Khan
d. Naseeruddin Shah
10. Which player topped Forbes magazine's list of highest-paid women player in sports category?
a. Serena Williams
b. Venus Williams
c. Naomi Osaka
d. Maria Sharapova
1. (a) 35 basis points
Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2019-20 reduces Repo Rate by 35 basis points from 5.75 per cent to 5.40 per cent with immediate effect.
2. (c) Sushma Swaraj
Sushma Swaraj, former external affairs minister and Delhi’s first female chief minister, passed away on August 6, 2019. She was 67. Sushma Swaraj was taken to the AIIMS soon after she suffered from a heart attack.
3. (b) Rajasthan
The Rajasthan Assembly passed a bill providing for life imprisonment and a fine up to Rs 5 lakh to convicts in cases of mob lynching involving the victim’s death. Rajasthan became the second Congress-ruled state after Madhya Pradesh to make a law against mob lynching.
4. (d) 17.8%
As per the data released by Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) 2017-18, 6.1% of India’s labour force, and 17.8% of young people (15-29 years) in the labour force are unemployed.
5. (a) The National handloom day
The National handloom day is observed annually on 7th August to honour the handloom weaving community and highlight the importance of India’s handloom industry.
6. (c) 5.40
The RBI has reduced the Repo Rate in its Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20 to 5.40 percent from 5.75 percent. Consequently, the Reverse Repo Rate now stands at 5.15 percent.
7. (c) USD 5 million
India recently contributed USD 5 million to UN Palestine refugee agency under the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA). Earlier, India used to contribute USD 1.25 million to the UNRWA.
8. (c) Mohali
Intelights, India’s first wireless 3-D Smart Traffic Signal System, was launched recently with an aim to regulate traffic signals using a wireless sensor system. The signal has been installed near the Mohali’s Airport Road.
9. (c) Shah Rukh Khan
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan will be felicitated with 'Excellence in Cinema' award by the Victorian State Government of Australia during the Indian Film Festival on August 8, 2019.
10. (a) Serena Williams
US tennis superstar Serena Williams topped Forbes magazine's list of the highest-paid women in sports for the fourth straight year.