Top Current Affairs Quiz: 8 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Cup 2019, First Cricketer to score 5 centuries in a single World Cup and Indigenous Aircraft Carrier Vikrant among others.
8 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Cup 2019, First Cricketer to score 5 centuries in a single World Cup and Indigenous Aircraft Carrier Vikrant among others.
1. Which Political Leader recently shared a blog on water conservation titled 'A Daughter, A Tree and A Teacher'?
a) Shashi Tharoor
b) Narendra Modi
c) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
d) Arun Jaitley
2. Which Indian batsman became the first in the world to score 5 centuries in a World Cup tournament?
a) Virat Kohli
b) KL Rahul
c) Rohit Sharma
d) MS Dhoni
3. Which Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) will be delivered to the Indian Navy in 2021 for advanced trials?
4. Which indigenous missile has recently been upgraded from 290 kilometers range to 500 kilometers range?
5. Which city of India has recently been included in the list of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO?
6. Which of the following country's government has recently banned wearing naqaab in government offices?
d) South Africa
7. Which among the following cricketers announced his retirement from ODIs after World Cup 2019 knockout?
a) Shakib Al Hasan
b) Shoaib Malik
c) Sarfaraz Ahmed
d) Chris Gayle
8. Which cricketer retained his top position in the latest ICC Batsmen rankings?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) David Warner
c) Virat Kohli
d) Shakib Al Hasan
9. Which Union Territory has decided to introduce a bi-cycle sharing scheme?
c) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
d) Daman and Diu
10. The first world cup semi-final match will be played at which cricket ground?
b) Old Trafford
d) Trent Bridge
1. (b) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared a blog on his Twitter account on water conservation titled 'A Daughter, A Tree and A Teacher'. PM Modi has discussed an age-old process to conserve water in his blog.
2. (c) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma hits five centuries and becomes the world's fourth batsman and second Indian batsman to notch-up 600 runs in a World Cup edition while playing India vs Sri Lanka cricket match.
3. (b) Vikrant
India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Vikrant will be delivered to the Indian Navy in 2021 for advanced trials. IAC Vikrant is in advanced stage of construction and is being built by Cochin Shipyard Limited.
4. (d) BrahMos
The upgraded version of the homegrown BrahMos missile with an enhanced range of up to 500 km is ready. BrahMos missile, which cruises at almost three times the speed of sound at Mach 2.8, is the heaviest weapon to be deployed on the Su-30 fighters.
5. (c) Jaipur
'Pink City' Jaipur made an official entry in the list of the UNESCO World Heritage sites and leaders across the political spectrum welcomed the signal honour to the historical city. The UNESCO shared the announcement on Twitter. The decision was taken at the 43rd session of the Unesco World Heritage Committee.
6. (b) Tunisia
Tunisia has banned face-covering veils (naqaab) in state-run buildings “for security reasons” following three terror attacks in the space of a week. After this restriction nobody can cover the face and go to the government office. Earlier, Sri Lanka, Cameroon and Algeria has banned wearing naqaab in public places.
7. (d) Shoaib Malik
Shoaib Malik announced his retirement from ODI cricket, after his team, Pakistan was knockout of the World Cup 2019 tournament following their match against Bangladesh on July 5.
8. (c) Virat Kohli
Indian skipper Virat Kohli has retained the top position among batsmen in the latest ICC rankings. Rohit Sharma also retained his number 2 rank following his record five world cup centuries. Australia opener David Warner has re-entered the top 10 at number six.
9. (a) Pondicherry
A bicycle sharing scheme will be introduced in Puducherry in the upcoming months. The scheme has been conceived under the Puducherry smart city development plan.
10. (b) Old Trafford
The first semi-final of world cup 2019, India vs New Zealand will be played at Old Trafford in Manchester. The match will be telecasted live from 3pm IST on July 9, Tuesday.