Top Current Affairs Quiz: 9 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Trump Taliban secret talks, US Open Winners and 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award among others.
9 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Trump Taliban secret talks, US Open Winners and 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award among others.
1. Which among the following Union Territories will have a common high court?
a) Ladakh and Chandigarh
b) Jammu & Kashmir and Daman and Diu
c) Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
d) Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh
2. India has announced one million dollar humanitarian aid to which nation?
d) Cayman Islands
3. Which nation’s president announced recently that he has cancelled his secret meeting with the Taliban leaders and Afghanistan President?
b) United States
4. Ram Jethmalani, one of India’s most renowned and respected criminal lawyers, passed away at the age of 95 on September 8, 2019. Jethmalani had not fought in which among the following cases?
a) Ajmal Kasab death penalty case
b) Indira Gandhi Assassination case
c) Rajiv Gandhi assassination case
d) Jessica Lall case
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Indian Government signed USD 200 million loan agreement to upgrade rural roads in which State?
6. Which city hosted the ‘ANGAN’, an international Conference on Energy Efficiency in Building Sector?
b) New Delhi
7. Which of the following personalities has been bestowed with the 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award?
a) Ravish Kumar
b) Kiran Bedi
c) Arvind Kejriwal
d) Arnab Goswami
8. What is the name of the book based on the speeches of President Ramnath Kovind, whose second edition was recently released by the Vice President?
a) Sanskriti Ke Sath
b) Loktantra Ke Swar
c) Desh Ki Pehchan
d) Samaj Aur Sanskar
9. How many times has Spain's star tennis player Rafael Nadal won the US Open title?
10. What is the name of first Canadian women tennis player who recently won the US Open 2019 title?
a) Bianca Andreescu
b) Michael Venus
c) Bethanie Mattek
d) Victoria Azarenka
1. (c) Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
The two Union Territories- Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will have a common high court, Jammu and Kashmir High Court. Among the old laws, 164 state laws would be repealed and 166 state laws will continue to be applicable and 108 Central Laws would be made applicable for the two Union Territories.
2. (a) Bahamas
India has announced a humanitarian assistance of one million dollar to help people in the Bahamas affected by Hurricane Dorian.
3. (b) United States
US President Donald Trump revealed on September 8, 2019 that he has called off his planned secret meeting with top Taliban leaders after they admitted to an attack in Kabul that killed a US soldier and 11 others.
4. (a) Ajmal Kasab death penalty case
Ram Jethmalani, senior Supreme Court lawyer passed away on September 8, 2019. He was 95. Jethmalani, a criminal lawyer par excellence, fought several high-profile cases such as Indira Gandhi and Rajib Gandhi’s assassination case, the Jessica Lall case, Jayalalitha disproportionate assets case and Arun Jaitely defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal among others.
5. (b) Maharashtra
Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Indian Government signed a USD 200 million loan agreement to upgrade rural roads in 34 districts of Maharashtra. The project aims to improve road safety and ensure better connectivity in the rural areas.
6. (b) New Delhi
Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat (ANGAN), an international conference on Energy Efficiency in Building Sector was held in New Delhi on September 9, 2019. The Conference was organised by India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in collaboration with GIZ under the Indo German Technical Cooperation.
7. (a) Ravish Kumar
Indian journalist Ravish Kumar has been honoured with the prestigious 2019 Ramon Magsaysay Award. The four other winners of the Award are Ko Swe Win from Myanmar, Raymundo Pujante Cayabyab from the Philippines, Angkhana Neelapaijit from Thailand, and Kim Jong-Ki from South Korea.
8. (b) Loktantra Ke Swar
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has published two books on selected speeches of President of India, Ram Nath Kovind. These books are – Loktantra Ke Swar and The Republican Ethnic. These two books are compilation of 95 speeches delivered by President Kovind during his second year in office.
9. (c ) 19
Rafael Nadal won his 19th Grand Slam title by winning the US Open final, defeating Daniil Medvedev 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4 to seize his fourth crown in New York. Spain’s star tennis player Rafael Nadal (33) is one behind of Roger Federer’s 20 Grand Slam triumphs.
10. (a) Bianca Andreescu
Bianca Andreescu (19) captured the US Open title, defeating 23-time major champion Serena Williams (6-3, 7-5). Earlier this year, she was ranked 152 but after winning US Open she is now ranked 15th.