The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 11 February 2016 appointed women ministers to the newly created portfolios for happiness and tolerance, and youth affairs.
Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum named eight women as he revealed his latest cabinet line-up of 29 ministers.
The cabinet that has eight new ministers, including five women with an average age 38.
Ohoud al-Roumi, who had served as director of the council of ministers' office, was appointed Minister of State for Happiness. She will also keep her former post. The post of Minister of State for Tolerance was created to promote tolerance as a fundamental value in UAE society.
Other female ministers include
• Shamma al-Mazroui (22) was appointed minister for youth
• Lubna al-Qassimi - Minister for Tolerance, she is a veteran minister of international cooperation and development
• Noura al-Kaabi - Minister of State for the Federal National Council or Parliament
• Jamila al-Muhairi - Minister of State for Education
• Najla al-Awar - Minister of Community Development
• Reem al-Hashimi - State Minister for International Cooperation Affairs
• Maitha Alshamsi - State Minister
Several key ministries remained in the hands of members of the ruling families and they are
• Sheikh Saif bin zayed al-Nahyan - Portfolio of Interior
• Sheikh Abdullah - Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, which has been merged with the portfolio of international cooperation
• Sheikh Mansour - Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs
• Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid - Defence portfolio
• Sheikh Hamdan – Minister of finance
• Suhail al-Mazroui - Oil Minister
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
When: 11 February 2016