Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley on 10 July 2014 presented Union Budget 2014-15. In his maiden budget, the Union Finance Minister announced certain major plans for Science and Technology.
Steps and plans announced for Science and Technology in the budget 2014-15
• Government to strengthen at least five institutions as Technical Research Centres
• Development of Biotech clusters in Faridabad and Bengaluru
• Nascent agri-biotech cluster in Mohali to be scaled up, in addition to this, two new clusters, in Pune and Kolkata will be established
• Global partnerships will be developed under India’s leadership to transform the Delhi component of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) into a world-leader in life sciences and biotechnology
• Several major space missions planned for 2014-15
Where: in Parliament
When: 10 July 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.