Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley on 10 July 2014 presented Union Budget 2014-15. The Union Budget allocated finance for safety for women in transport in large cities. A new scheme Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana launched to create awareness and improve the efficiency of delivery of welfare services for women.
• Outlay of 50 crores rupees for pilot testing a scheme on Safety for Women on Public Road Transport.
• Sum of 150 crores rupees on a scheme to increase the safety of women in large cities.
• Crisis Management Centres to be set up in all the government and private hospitals of the districts of NCT of Delhi in 2014-15.
• A sum of 100 crore rupees is provided for Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana, a focused scheme to generate awareness and help in improving the efficiency of delivery of welfare services meant for women.
• School curriculum to have a separate chapter on gender mainstreaming.
When: 10 July 2014