Union Budget 2022: Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha to have staggered timings, strict COVID protocols in budget session
Union Budget 2022: Rajya Sabha will meet in the first half of the day and Lok Sabha will meet in the second half. On working days, Rajya Sabha is likely to function from 10 am to 3 pm. However, the timings of the upper house of the Parliament are yet to be confirmed and approved by Chairman Venkaiah Naidu.
Budget 2022: Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will have staggered timings during the Budget session of Parliament starting from March 31. The decision has been taken as part of the measures against COVID-19 amid the rise in the number of COVID cases in the country. The Union Budget will be presented by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on February 1, 2022, at 11 am. The first part of the Union Budget 2022 session will start from January 31 and will continue till February 11 while the second part of the Union Budget session will be held from March 14 to April 8, 2022.
Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha timings during Budget session 2022
1. Rajya Sabha will meet in the first half of the day and Lok Sabha will meet in the second half.
2. President Ram Nath Kovind will address the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament on January 31 and the Union Budget 2022 will be presented on February 1.
3. On working days, Rajya Sabha is likely to function from 10 am to 3 pm. However, the timings of the upper house of the Parliament is yet to be confirmed and approved by Chairman Venkaiah Naidu.
4. Lok Sabha on working days will function from 4 pm to 9 pm during the budget session.
COVID-19 protocols during Budget Session 2022
1. Protocols including the restricted entry of staff with the MPs and ministers, and that of media is most likely to continue. Most likely, there will be no entry for visitors and the people coming on casual passes.
2. Both the Houses of Parliament are most likely to continue with the practice of bills not being sent to the members in paper form and the MPs will also be encouraged to mark their attendance online.
3. The norms of social distancing and wearing masks will also be followed and those eligible for the booster dose against Coronavirus are being encouraged to take it.
4. There will also be regular testing conducted to ensure that there is no spread of the virus.
Monsoon 2020 session held under COVID-19 protocols
Notably, the Monsoon session 2020 was the first full session of the Indian Parliament which was held under the COVID-19 protocols with Rajya Sabha meeting in the first half and Lok Sabha during the second half. The same procedure was also followed during the first part of the Budget session in 2021.
However, for the second part of the Budget session and the monsoon and winter sessions 2021, both the Houses went back to the normal timings with the members sitting in chambers as also the galleries of the respective houses.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS