Union Cabinet approved institutional framework for National Skill Development Mission 2015
The Mission’s Governing Council, chaired by the Prime Minister, will provide overall guidance and policy direction.
The Union Cabinet on 2 July 2015 approved the institutional framework for the National Skill Development Mission 2015. The Mission will provide a strong institutional framework at the Centre and States for implementation of skilling activities in the country.
Highlights of the National Skill Development Mission
• The Mission will have a three-tiered, high powered decision making structure.
• The Mission’s Governing Council, chaired by the Prime Minister, will provide overall guidance and policy direction.
• The Steering Committee, chaired by Minister in Charge of Skill Development, will review the Mission’s activities in line with the direction set by the Governing Council.
• The Mission Directorate, with Secretary, Skill Development as Mission Director, will ensure implementation, coordination and convergence of skilling activities across Central Ministries/Departments and State Governments.
• The Mission will also run select sub-missions in high priority areas.
The National Skill Development Agency (NSDA), the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and the Directorate of Training will function under the overall guidance of the Mission.
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) provides a natural home for the Mission, organically linking all three decisions making levels and facilitating linkages to all Central Ministries/Departments and State Governments.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App