The Union Cabinet on 28 September 2016 approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Singapore in the field of Industrial Property Cooperation.
The MoU will be signed between India's Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) during the visit of Singapore’s Prime Minister to India from 4-7 October 2016.
Highlights of the MoU
• It will enhance bilateral cooperation activities in the arena of Industrial Property Rights of Patents, Trademarks and Industrial Designs.
• It is intended to give a boost to innovation, creativity and technological advancement in both regions.
• It includes exchange of best practices, experiences and knowledge on Intellectual Property awareness among the public, businesses and educational institutions of both countries.
• It includes exchange of experts specialized in the field of intellectual property.
• It includes exchange and dissemination of best practices, experiences and knowledge on IP with the industry, universities, R & D organizations and Small and Medium Enterprises.
• It also involves cooperation in the development of automation and implementation of modernization projects.
• It calls for partnership in IP-related training for local IP and business communities.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Union Cabinet
When: 28 September 2016