The Union Government on 26 June 2017 constituted a committee for preparation of final draft of National Education Policy under the Chairmanship of eminent Scientist Padma Vibhushan K Kasturirangan.
The other members of the panel include chosen experts and educationists including former IAS officer KJ Alphonse Kanamthanam, who was instrumental in achieving 100 per cent literacy rate in Kottayam and Ernakulam districts of Kerala.
The other members of the committee are:
• Vasudha Kamat: A prominent academician from the field of education technology who has contributed extensively towards school education. She was also Vice-Chancellor of SNDT University Mumbai.
• Manjul Bhargava: A Professor of Mathematics in Princeton University USA. He was awarded field medal in mathematics at a quite young age for his contributions to Gauss number theory.
• Ram Shankar Kureel: He is the Vice chancellor of Baba Saheb Ambedkar University of Social Sciences Mhau, Madhya Pradesh. He has published various national and international papers on inclusion of the marginalized in mainstream education and development.
• TV Kattimani: He is Vice Chancellor of Tribal University, Amarkantak. He is from the field of language education and mass communication.
• Krishna Mohan Tripathy: He has vast experience of implementation of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and was also Chairperson of Uttar Pradesh High School and Intermediate Examination Board.
• Mazhar Asif: A Professor of Persian in Guwahati University. Under his research mentorship, first Persian-Assamese-English dictionary was compiled.
• MK Shridhar: He is a former Member Secretary of Karnataka Innovation Council and Karnataka Knowledge Commission.
When: 26 June 2017