Union government on 16 October 2014 launched Deendayal Upadhyay Shramev Jayate Karyakram. The scheme is aimed at creating conducive environment for industrial development and doing business with ease.
Besides, it will also herald towards good governance, welfare and skill development of labour sector.
It was launched during a daylong Conference of Labour & Employment Ministers, Health Ministers and Vocational Training Ministers of State Governments on 16 October 2014 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Under the scheme, the following new initiatives are provided:
• Labours will be provided Unique Labour Identification number, Local Interconnect Network, to facilitate their online registration.
• Unified Labour Portal (Shram Suvidha) and a Transparent & Accountable Labour Inspection Scheme to facilitate ease of compliance http://efilelaboutreturn.gov.in to facilitate ease of compliance especially for four Central Government Organizations i.e. ESIC, EPFO, DGMS and CLC.
• Demand Responsive Vocational Training
• Apprentice Protsahan Yojana
• Portability through Universal Account Number for Employees’ Provident Fund Account Holders
• Implementation of Revamped Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) for the workers in the unorganized sector
When: 16 October 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.