Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi on 7 March 2016 launched Mahila e-Haat portal in New Delhi.
The Mahila e-Haat portal, http://mahilaehaat-rmk.gov.in, is an online marketing platform. It will provide access to markets to thousands of women who make products and are spread all over the country.
Features of Mahila e-Haat
• It is a unique initiative since this is the first time that the government will help women to sell products online.
• Products & services: It allows women entrepreneurs to leverage technology for showcasing products made or manufactured or sold by women entrepreneurs. This facility is also available to services, like tailoring, also.
• The product, along with photograph description, cost and mobile no./address of the participants will be displayed on the e-Haat enabling direct contact between sellers/service providers and buyers.
• Participation: It is open to all Indian women citizens more than 18 years of age and women SHGs desiring for marketing their legal products/services after indemnifying RMK from any or all acts of transaction.
• Rahstriya Mahila Kosh (RMK) is primarily involved in the creation of the portal and the entire business of e-Haat can be handled through mobile phone.
• 3-Stages of women empowerment: The launch of Mahila E-Haat is the first stage towards achieving the objective of women empowerment.
• In the second stage Mahila E-Haat will be integrated with e-commerce portals to provide a larger platform for selling and buying.
• In third and final stage, it will culminate into Women’s Entrepreneurs Council which will help to expand this initiative further and give it an institutional shape.
• Benefits: It will benefit more than 10000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and 1.25 Lakh women beneficiaries spread across the country.
• This unique e-platform will strengthen the socio-economic empowerment of women as it will mobilize and provide better avenues to them.
• It will act as a catalyst in creating a new generation of business women and help women to make financial and economic choices.
• It is an initiative for women across the country as a part of Digital India and Stand Up India initiatives.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Mahila e-Haat portal
Where: New Delhi
When: 7 March 2016