Union Government launches Allied Health Professionals Database Portal
It will be helpful in accelerating the envisaged processes such as licensing of professionals, workforce policy planning and bringing transparency in the system by maintaining standards of educational and clinical practice, etc.
Preeti Sudan, Secretary of Health and Family Welfare Ministry, on 1 January 2018 launched the Allied and Healthcare Professionals’ database portal to ensure better systems and frameworks for the healthcare workforce in the country.
The link to the website portal is a2hp.mohfw.gov.in.
• More than 3000 professionals have already registered on the portal during the testing phase.
• The portal has a capacity of capturing more than 10 lakhs Allied and Healthcare Professionals’ data.
• It will help the Government to track the number of professionals and streams of allied and healthcare professions in the country.
• It will be helpful in accelerating the envisaged processes such as licensing of professionals, workforce policy planning and bringing transparency in the system by maintaining standards of educational and clinical practice, etc.
• This portal is a provisional measure taken by the Ministry to track and reach out to all the allied and health care professionals in the country.
How to register on the portal?
• The Allied and Healthcare Professionals can visit the portal and provide basic personal, qualification and professional information.
• The portal will then send an auto-generated email to the registered email of the candidate for verification and will provide an enrolment reference number for further usage.
• Following this, the candidates can login to the portal using the credentials received in the email and can edit the information, upload qualification degree, etc.
Year 2018: Revisiting the Top 50 Events of 2017 that changed the world