Union Government launches 'Celebrating Yoga' mobile app
Celebrating Yoga provides a platform to share information and insights about peoples’ participation in Yoga activities on the occasion of the International Yoga Day.
Union Minister for Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan on 19 June 2017 launched a mobile app “Celebrating Yoga” to popularize Yoga and encourage people to participate in it for a scientifically healthy living.
The mobile app was developed by Department of Science and Technology (DST) on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2017 that is held on 21 June every year.
Highlights of the Celebrating Yoga App
• Celebrating Yoga provides a platform to share information and insights about peoples’ participation in Yoga activities on the occasion of the International Yoga Day.
• It aims to create awareness about Yoga and encourage a scientifically healthy living.
• It will enable in capturing mass events being organized in public places, schools and office complexes across the country and individual enthusiasts who are performing yoga.
• It will be connected with Google Map where shared information can been seen by the users.
• The information posted on the app will also be visible on DST website through a social wall.
• The information gathered through this app will be shared subsequently with the Ministry of AYUSH to complement their efforts.
• The app can be downloaded on android devices from Google Play Store.
The Department of Science and Technology earlier in November 2015 launched a research programme Science and Technology of Yoga and Meditation (SATYAM) under its Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI).