Union Government launches MSEFC Portal and MyMSME Mobile App
Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (MSEFC) portal will facilitate implementation of delayed payment provisions of the MSMED Act 2006.
Union Minister for Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation M Venkaiah Naidu on 27 April 2017 launched Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (MSEFC) portal and MyMSME Mobile App.
Both the portals were launched as a part of Digital India Initiative from the perspective of the MSME Sector in the country.
Highlights of the MSEFC Portal
• Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (MSEFC) portal will facilitate implementation of delayed payment provisions of the MSMED Act 2006 and also assist in monitoring delayed payment cases.
• With the access to this platform, micro and small enterprises will be able to file their delayed payment related grievances online.
• The grievance filed will be communicated through email and SMS to the parties involved.
• It will also help officers of the Ministry of MSME as well as the State Government concerned in monitoring the progress of cases both at the State and National levels. Till now, 3690 cases involving an amount of Rs1660 crore are being considered by various MSEFCs.
• In fact, the online portal will be of great help to start-ups since delayed payment is probably the single biggest problem for start-ups.
Highlights of the MyMSME mobile app
• MyMSME mobile app provides information on all schemes implemented by the Ministry of MSME at one place which will do away with the practice of searching multiple windows for help or information.
• With the help of app, Ministry of MSME will be providing one single window to MSMEs to access information on all schemes implemented by the Ministry and as well as apply for any of them.
• MSMEs can also lodge grievances pertaining to Ministry of MSME through this app.
• This mobile app has enabled the MSME Sector to usher in the era of M-Governance (Mobile Governance) from e-Governance.