The Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Rotary India on 6 December 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for intensive efforts towards achieving the immunization target.
The MoU was signed by Vandana Gurnani, Joint Secretary (RCH) and Deepak Kapur, Chairman of Rotary International India National Polio Plus.
Highlights of the MoU
• The MoU will provide support and accelerate the efforts under Polio Eradication Programme, Routine Immunization including Mission Indradhanush and Intensified Mission Indradhanush.
• Both the sides will collaborate for social mobilization of beneficiaries, especially in urban slums and in underserved areas having no mobilizers.
• The MoU will help support the members of NCC, NYK and NSS in their efforts towards community mobilization through incentives like refreshments and mementoes during the sessions.
• It will involve private practitioners and local leaders for Polio Eradication Programme, Routine Immunization including Mission Indradhanush, Intensified Mission Indradhanush and Measles-Rubella.
The collaboration between Rotary International India National PolioPlus Committee and the Union Health Ministry will support the efforts of the states and the districts for community mobilization for Polio Eradication Programme, Routine Immunization including Mission Indradhanush, Intensified Mission Indradhanush and Measles-Rubella.
World Immunization Week 2017 observed with theme #VaccinesWork
About Rotary International India National PolioPlus Committee
• In 1988, the Rotary International established a committee called the India National PolioPlus Society (INPPS) for polio eradication efforts in the country.
• Based in Delhi, the Committee organizes large teams of committed Rotary volunteers who help in vaccine delivery to infants and children and ensure social mobilization around the cause.
• It works in close cooperation with the Indian government, the WHO, the UNICEF and other bodies such as the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.
Union Health Ministry introduces Rubella vaccine in its Universal Immunization Programme
When: 6 December 2017