SAMADHAN: An acronym coined to end the problem of Maoists
SAMADHAN, a new doctrine or strategy against Maoists, was announced by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The doctrine was spelt out by Singh on 8 May 2017 during the Review Meeting of Left Wing Extremism affected State.
The meeting was convened to discuss an integrated security strategy and development works in 35 worst-affected districts. During the meeting, the Home Minister explained the each component of the Acronym and they are S-smart leadership, A-aggressive strategy, M-motivation and training, A-actionable intelligence, D-dashboard-based KPIs (key performance indicators) and KRAs (key result areas), H-harnessing technology, A-action plan for each theatre and N-no access to financing.
The doctrine was released two weeks after the martyrdom of 25 CRPF personnel by the Maoists at Sukma in Chhattisgarh.
Key highlights of the Review Meeting of Left Wing Extremism
During the meeting, Rajnath Singh explained that steps taken by the union government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Some of the key areas which were highlighted during the meeting include
• Mobile Towers in 10 LWE affected states: The home minister highlighted that for the development of the Union Government in 2014 sanctioned a plan to establish 2199 mobile towers in these states at an expense of Rs 3567.58 crores. Out of these 2187 mobile towers have been made operational.
• Road Requirement Plan: It is being implemented by the union government to improve connectivity in 34 LWE affected districts of 08 States. 4290 Kms of the sanctioned 5422 Km of the road has been completed.
• Road Connectivity Project for LWE Affected Areas Scheme: The scheme under which 5412 Kms of roads and 126 bridges are envisaged to be constructed in 44 districts of 09 affected States was approved in recent past by the government. The scheme will be implemented at an expense of Rs 11725 crores.
• Financial Inclusion: Rajnath Singh informed at the meeting that special efforts have been implemented in last two financial year to financial inclusion of the residents of the 35 worst affected districts. Under the efforts, 385 bank branches and 752 ATMs were opened in these districts. 1789 new Post Offices have also been sanctioned for these districts.
• Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana: The Yojana has been implemented in 32 of the 35 most affected LWE districts. Under the scheme, the youth of LWE districts will be receiving skill training for self-employment.
• Skill Development Scheme: It is being implemented for the purpose of establishing Skill Centers for training the youth of LWE affected districts of 09 States. The scope of this scheme has been expanded from 34 to 47 LWE affected districts. 47 ITIs and 64 Skill Development Centers were also to be opened under the scheme. Out of these, construction work has been completed in 12 ITIs and 34 Skill Development Centers.
• Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY): The Yojana has been implemented for the electrification of un-electrified villages in the entire country. For the LWE districts, special focus is being given under this scheme. The electrification of 5778 villages has been completed and a target of December 2017 has been set, for the electrification of the remaining 1461 villages.
When: 8 May 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.