The Union Labour Minister, Sis Ram Ola died on 15 December 2013 after a prolonged illness in Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon, Haryana. He was of 83 years in age.
About Sis Ram Ola
• He took over as the Labour Minister in June 2013 after Mallikarjun Kharge was shifted to Railways.
• Under the UPA 1 Government under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he served as the as Labour Minister and Union Cabinet Minister of Mines
• He was a member of the 15th Lok Sabha of India and elected in 2009
• He was a Senior Rajasthan Congress leader and represented, the Juunjhunu constituency of the state
• He served as a member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from 1957 to 1990
• He remained a cabinet minister in the Government of Rajasthan from 1980 to 1990
• He was a member of the Legislative Assembly of Rajasthan from 1993 to 1996
• In the 11th Lok Sabha in 1996, he was elected and served as an Union Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers (Independent Charge) from 1996 to 1997
• From 1997 to 1998, he served as a Union Minister of State for Water Resources (Independent Charge)
• In 1968, he became a recipient of Padma Shri award for social work
• He was born on 30 July 1927
"If you have any Question/Point on the above issue, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group"