US Senate confirmed Manish Shah as federal judge in Illinois
US senate confirmed name of Manish Shah as Federal Judge in Illinois. He was confirmed by the Senate by 95-0 votes.
Indian-American Manish Shah on 2 May 2014 was confirmed as a federal judge in Illinois by US senate. This confirmation made him the first South Asian federal judge in the 5th most populous state of America.
His name was confirmed by the Senate by 95-0 votes. This confirmation is historic because with this he will be the first Article III judge of South Asian descent to serve in the state of Illinois
About Manish Shah
• New York born, Manish Shah at time of confirmation was serving as the Chief of the Criminal Division.
• Previously he had served as the Chief of Criminal Appeals from 2011 to 2012
• Since 2001, he served as the assistant US Attorney in the Northern District of Illinois
• From 2008 to 2011, he had served as the Deputy Chief of the Financial Crimes & Special Prosecutions Section
• From 2007 to 2008 he was Deputy Chief of the General Crimes Section