The Union Government in the first week of July 2016 appointed Utpal Bora as the full-time chairman of Oil India Ltd.
Bora's appointment was recommended by a three-member search-cum-selection committee headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha. The committee was formed after Public Enterprises Selection Board failed to come up with a suitable name.
On the other hand, the Department Of Personnel And Training also announced the appointment of D Rajkumar as head of Bharat Petroleum.
Rajkumar will take over the charge on or after 1 October 2016 after retirement of BPCL's current chief S Varadarajan in September 2016.
Who is Utpal Bora?
• Utpal Bora is currently working as an Executive Director with ONGC.
• He runs the explorer's Mehsana field in Gujarat. It is company's largest onland asset with 1552 operational oil and gas wells.
About Oil India Limited
• Oil India Limited is the second largest hydrocarbon exploration and production Indian public sector company.
• It has its operational headquarters located in Duliajan, Assam.
• It comes under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
• It is a state-owned Navratna company.
• It is engaged in the business of exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas, transportation of crude oil and production of liquid petroleum gas.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App