Veteran actor Pran died due to prolonged Illness
Pran, the legendary actor died on 12 July 2013. He was a proud recipient of Dada Saheb Phalke Award and Padma Bhushan Award.
The winner of Dadasaheb Phalke Award and a veteran actor Pran died on 12 July 2013 in a Hospital at Mumbai. He died at the age of 93 due to multi-organ failure after prolonged illness and is now survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
Pran Kishan Sikand was admitted to Lilavati Hospital, Bandra, after being diagnosed with pneumonia.
About Pran Kishan Sikand
Born in Old Delhi on 12 February 1920, Pran got his first break in a Punjabi Film, Yamla Jat in 1940, in the undivided India. But his debut in Bollywood happened with the film Ziddi, in which he acted along with the evergreen hero of bollywood Dev Anand in 1948.
Pran served the Bollywood for a career span of more than six decades in more than 350 films and is known for his brilliant performances in films like Ram aur Shyam, Aansoo Ban Gaye Phool, Half-Ticket, Madhumati, Purab aur Paschim, Karz, Zanjeer and Amar Akbar Anthony and many more.
Awards received by Pran
• He was conferred with Dada Saheb Phalke Award on 12 April 2013, which was received by him on 10 May 2013 at his residence
• In 2001 he was awarded with India’s third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan
• In his career span, he received four film fare awards
• He was awarded the title of Villain of the millennium by Stardust in 2000
• In 2010 he was named among the Top 25 Asian Actors of All times by CNN